So many diet desserts taste flat or like cardboard. This low fat sugar free recipe tastes like the real deal. I think if you did the blind fold test between these low calorie muffins (142 Calories) and the high fat, high calories (usually 500-600 Calories) muffins you buy at your local bakery, you won’t be able to tell the difference. This is a flexible recipe and you can substitute all kinds of fruit.
- 1 Cup Quick-cook oatmeal
- 1/2 tsp Allspice
- 1 Cup Fat-free skim milk
- 1 Cup Splenda
- 1/2 Cup White flour
- 4 Egg whites
- 1/2 Cup Whole wheat flour
- 1 Cup Mashed bananas
- 1/2 Cup Ground flax OR whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 Cup Fat-free sour cream
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1 Cup Blueberries (drained)
- 1/2 tsp Ground cloves
- 1 Lge Apple
- Preheat oven to 350F and line muffin tins (12 muffins)
- Soak oatmeal in skim milk for 20 minutes
- After the 20 minutes, add splenda, egg whites, bananas, applesauce, vanilla and sour cream. Mix well.
- In a different bowl, mix all the dry ingredients well. (flours, flax seed, baking soda, baking powder, spices)
- Slowly mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients. Mix well.
- Fold in berries or apple (You can subistitute any other friut)
- Fill the 12 muffins cups equally. It doesn’t expand so will not overflow out of the cup. Bake until a toothpick can be stuck in the middle of a muffin and it comes out clean. (About 15-20 min)
Although I’m the only one losing weight in this household, everyone likes these muffins. I’m sure they will be a hit in your home too. Finally a great diet muffin!!!!!!!!!!!!!