For people who have more than just a few pounds to lose, like twenty or more pounds, lipotropic fat burners are a great and safe way to help you lose fat and weight. Anyone who is considerably overweight will have high fat levels in their blood and vital organs. These fat burners can help deal with this issue.
What Do Lipotropic Fat Burners Do?
How each lipotropic fat burner works usually depends on the combination of ingredients used. Some contain compounds that either effect metabolism or work to break down the fat in the body. They can speed up how fast fat is removed from the body or cut down on the amount of fat that is deposited in the liver, or do both. One main ingredient in many of the hundreds of fat burners on the market is choline. Choline helps the body digest fat and burn the fat is built up in the body’s tissue. So besides helping with weight loss, lipotropic fat burners can help maintain a healthy liver. A good fat burner can also reverse the existing build up of fat in the organs, including in the liver. In other words, they can help maintain an already healthy liver, or help to regain the health of the liver. Once the liver starts functioning the way it should again, the rest of the body can function more efficiently.
It is a well-known fact that carrying too much fat can affect cholesterol levels. This usually means “bad” cholesterol is too high and “good” cholesterol is not high enough. As a result of the lipotropic fat burner reversing the fat content in the blood and liver, cholesterol levels should also go down. While they are not meant for that purpose, lower cholesterol is a positive side effect.
One other bodily system that can be negatively affected by the build up of fat is the lymph system. One of the jobs of the lymphatic system is to drain fluids from the system, but if there is a large build up of fat, it is difficult for these fluids to drain properly. This can eventually develop into certain illnesses. With the help of lipotropic fat burners, bodily fluids can be processed through the body they way that they are meant to be.
During the process of breaking down the fat and removing them from the bloodstream, the fats are also metabolized and turned into energy.
What Are Some of the Ingredients in Lipotropic Fat Burning Supplements?
Most of these fat burners on the market contain ingredients that are natural and safe. This is unlike a lot of other diet pills that contain huge amounts of caffeine, Ephedra, and similar ingredients that can cause the jitters, nervousness and irritability, headaches, and insomnia. Generally, lipotropic fat burners contain no stimulants.
The types of ingredients found in fat burners are herbs and other botanicals, amino acids, and important vitamins and minerals. There are three specific lipotropics that are found in most good fat burners. They are all found naturally in the body. As ingredients in fat burners, they boost the effect that the body’s natural levels have.
- Choline – This is one of the most important lipotropics. It is essential for the production of lecithin, which helps to metabolize fats, and the amino acid methionine, discussed later. It is this ingredient that helps to break down cholesterol so that it doesn’t stick to the walls of the arteries.
- Inositol – This is a carbohydrate that moves fat through the flood system.
- Methionine – This is one of the essential amino acids. It is a catalyst for the choline and inositol in the fat burner pills to make them work faster.
These three ingredients together are strongly involved with how the liver deals with fats. They have all been given the scientific name “lipotropic”, which means fat burning. They work as one to trigger the body to burn fat.
Other ingredients commonly found in fat burners are:
- L-Carnitine – This substance is made naturally by the liver and its purpose is to metabolize fat in the muscles. It also turns body fat into energy and helps the body metabolize sugar, starch, and carbohydrates. Using L-Carnitine as an ingredient in lipotropic fat burners adds to the impact that the naturally occurring levels can have.
- Vitamins and Minerals – Some fat burners use a variety of vitamins and minerals to boost their effect:
- A good supply of vitamin B12 is required for good digestion and absorption of foods, to synthesize protein and to metabolize fats and carbohydrates.
- Vitamin B2, also known as riboflavin, also aids in the metabolizing of fat and carbs.
- Vitamin A is an antioxidant that can help lower cholesterol and process protein.
- Herbs – Some lipotropic fat burners contain herbs and botanicals like:
- Peppermint leaf – The main use of this in a fat burner is as an appetite suppressant.
- Cayenne pepper root – This not only helps digestion, but it slows down the absorption of fat into the intestines and increases metabolism.
What are Some of the Different Fat Burners on the Market?
There are literally hundreds of “fat burners” on the market, so how do you decide what to buy? As discussed earlier, the best fat burners should contain the three lipotropic ingredients choline, methionine, and Inositol, or some form of them. Here are a few names of highly rated lipotropic fat burners:
- Lipitrex – This supplement has the three major lipotropics along with botanical extracts that can help suppress appetite and boost fat burning.
- Slenderizer – Besides having all the right lipotropic ingredients, Slenderizer has ingredients that act as a body cleanser and detoxifier.
- LipoSafe – This product contains 41 different ingredients, including the lipotropics, vitamins, minerals, herbs, and botanicals. This may be as much as 60% more ingredients than some of the big name brands of fat burners.
It’s important to shop around, read lists of ingredients and labels, and look for reviews when looking for a lipotropic fat burner. Just because one is more expensive, doesn’t mean it’s better. But your best source for good information on lipotropic fat burners is your doctor.